The Numolux Group POPI Act Disclaimer
The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) aims to give effect to the constitutional right to privacy by balancing the right to privacy against that of access to information. POPI requires that personal information pertaining to individuals be processed lawfully and in a reasonable manner that does not infringe on the right to privacy.
We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirement of the POPI Act which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us. It is confirmed that by submitting information to Numolux group or any of its subsidiaries, irrespective as to how such information is submitted, you consent to the collection, collation, processing, and storing of such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this policy.
Processing of Information
- We will share your personal information:
1.1 In order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company;
1.2. In order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company.
1. Treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
2. Take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
3. Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
4. Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
5. We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Although we take the aforementioned precautions in protecting your personal information, we shall however not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising, suffered as a result of the disclosure of such information if outside our reasonable control.
You have the right at any time to:
1. Rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
2. Object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
3. Request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation); 4. Lodge a complaint with the company.
The Personal Information processed by us is not routed/transferred to a third country or International organisation.